Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Time and the Soldier e-book

Did I not post about this here? Apparently not. What a shocking oversight!

After much sturm und drang and up and down and elation and depression and … you get the picture. After months and years of all of that, I came to a writing-career decision that, for me, was very, very major. Namely, no more with the agents and editors and publishing companies. Embrace the e-book revolution, I told myself. So I published Time and the Soldier as an e-book, putting aside all thoughts of seeing it published physically, let alone seeing it on the racks in the local supermarket.

Which is also to say, I self-published it. Better than having it gather virtual dust on my hard drive, unread by anyone else. It may only be read by a few other people, but that’s still a few more than would read it if it never left my PC. And it will be around and available for purchase forever, or at least for a very long time.

And it has a very spiffy cover, which I created myself via the magic of Photoshop.

Details, including links to buy it in Kindle and various other formats, here: http://www.dvorkin.com/timsol

Too bad I’m not a famous blogger. The book would be virtually flying off the virtual shelves within seconds after I post this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's really a terrific book, everyone. And the cover is gorgeous. It's your best yet, David. Good for you for coming to that momentous decision. It was a wise and forward-looking one.