I’d lose in a landslide, because my platform would be:
- Free healthcare for everyone except the rich (ETR)
- State pension for everyone ETR
- Free ETR high-speed rail everywhere
- Good cops
- No doofuses on the bench
- No religion in state government and no hidden subsidies for churches
- A fence around El Paso County (with some way of letting good people out — and in, if they insist). Garden of the Gods would be accessible, however.
- Gay marriage
- No state- or city-level war on drugs, alcohol, porn, prostitution, or any other victimless crimes, and no cooperation with the Feds for the same
- Lots of money for education
- No subsidies for sports, and no encouragement, either
- A very progressive tax system
- No guns for anyone at all anywhere, any time. That includes the police. No Tazers, either.
- Foreign investors will be encouraged. The pitch will be that it’s true that the US is an insane and dangerous place, but Colorado is the exception. “Move your business to the safe, non-crazy state! Corporate refugees from California, Texas, and other crazy states are also encouraged to move here. Immigrants from anywhere are urged to have themselves surgically sterilized before moving. Also, bring water.”
- The rich identified by a scarlet R on their foreheads
- Proper use of English is encouraged. The governor determines what’s proper.
I’m sure there’d be more. That’s for starters.