Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A Fine and Private Place

Title of a ghost story of mine, taken from the marvelous poem “To His Coy Mistress” by Andrew Marvell (a poem which, I once read, has provided more titles than any other, and no wonder).

It will be published in the new online magazine The Feral Pages, in the October/November issue. Thanks to Chris Holm for alerting me to the magazine, which has also acquired a story of his.

The editor wrote the following to me. (If I had a smaller ego I’d be embarrassed. If I had any shame, I wouldn’t reproduce his words here.)

This is a marvelously complex piece with which I am still peeling back the layers. I discover something new every time I read it. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to publish it.

9 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I spotted this news on FB but let me say congrats once again.

David said...

Thanks, Travis.

I don't write many stories nowadays, so each one I do is special to me.

I suppose that back in the pulp days, when writers churned out short stories, they didn't feel that way about the individual ones.

Anonymous said...

What great feedback. I'd want to share it, too.

Paul D Brazill said...

Look forward to it.

Chris said...

Woohoo!

David said...

And thanks again, Chris.

Chris said...

Delighted to have been of service. I feel like quite the matchmaker.

Chris said...

David, having just read your story, I felt compelled to pop back over here, so that I could tell you I flat-out loved it.

Wait -- that read like a non-apology, didn't it? I mean, I never actually said it.

In case it isn't clear, I flat-out loved it. Well done.

David said...

Thanks, Chris. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Of course, now I'll have to expand it into a novel, which will mean heavy padding with car chases.